Financial support for the affiliation of an adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor to a research unit at OUH.
Please note that a separate application regarding approval of the adjunct professor or the adjunct associate professor must be submitted to the University of Southern Denmark (SDU). Please refer to the SDU website.
Requirements for applicants
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain funding from The Internationalisation Fund:
- Only the head of research may apply for the affiliation of an international adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor
- The research unit at OUH must apply SDU for approval of affiliation of the adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor. However, the application for funding of an adjunct professor from The Internationalisation Fund may be submitted before the SDU approval is given
- Travel expenses
- Subsistence expenses according to the current circular for business travels (hotel and daily allowances or reimbursement of meals).
For each adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor, the following rates apply for the total amount available from The OUH Internationalisation Fund:
- A maximum of DKK 60,000 pr. year for a period of three to five years
- Funding does not necessarily cover all expenses .
- Travel and hotel booking may be made via The OUH Travel Service (OUH RejseService) cf. the OUH Travel Policy.
- If the adjunct associate professor or adjunct professors is booking travel and hotel, reimbursement will only be by receipts.
- Funding for research stays or stays for learning new clinical methods regarding diagnostics and treatment including, for example, prevention, assessment, diagnosis, care, follow-up, rehabilitation, and palliation to the home institution of the adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor must be applied by submitting a separate application in the category a) International research stays for clinicians and researchers including pre-graduate and PhD students.
Non eligible costs
- Expenses already defrayed, i.e. the application must concern future expenses
- Expenses related to a possible reception in connection with the adjunct professor’s possible inaugural lecture
The OUH Research Support offers instructions on how to draw up a budget. If you request assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Applications are being assessed according to the above-mentioned objectives and requirements.
How to submit an application
You must submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Application for the OUH Internationalisation Fund” and name of the applicant in the subject field and enclose the following appendices:
- Completed application form b) Affiliation of international adjunct associate professors or adjunct professors (Available for download from the OUH Intranet, only accessible for OUH employees. Choose "Ansøgningsskeamer til Internationaliseringspuljen" and download form b).
- Project description of a maximum of two pages including description of
- The research area of the adjunct associate professor og adjunct professor
- Tasks which the adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor will carry out at OUH. If the application concerns an adjunct associate professor or an adjunct professor who has previously received a grant from the OUH Internationalisation Fund, please indicate tasks carried out in the first period for affiliation.
- CV and publication list with selected publications within the past five years for the adjunct professor (a maximum of two pages).
- Budget specified into
- Travel expenses
- Subsistence expenses
- Any other budget headings
- Written approval from the head of department
- Approval, if received, from SDU of the adjunct associate professor or adjunct professor. For information about how to apply for the title of adjunct professor, please refer to the SDU website "Rules and regulations for the award of the titles adjunct professor and adjunct associate professor".
Your application must be written in English or Danish.
You will receive a confirmation by email regarding receipt of your application.
Applications which fail to comply with the above formalities will not be considered.
The submitted applications will be reviewed by the assessment committee for The OUH Internationalisation Fund.
All applicants will receive notice of the outcome of the application approximately two weeks after confirmation of receipt of the application except in the month of July, weeks 7, 42, 52 and over Easter.
Questions and contact information
Please forward questions to email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org