Please note - the fund accepts no more applications for stays in 2023.
Applications for stays in 2024 are welcome.
Financial support for researchers and clinicians who want to go on an international research stay and stays for learning new clinical methods within diagnostics and treatment including, for example, prevention, assessment, diagnosis, care, follow-up, rehabilitation, and palliation aiming to develop international research networks and/or developing diagnostic methods and methods for treatment.
- Establishing new research relations.
- Learning new clinical methods.
- Study trip to international hospitals.
- Tour to relevant hospitals where junior researcher(s) and senior researcher(s) will present a research project as a part of building up research collaboration.
Requirements for applicants
The following requirements must be met in order to obtain funding from The Internationalisation Fund:
- PhD students must at the time of applying be enrolled as a PhD student at The University of Southern Denmark (SDU), and the main part of the PhD project must be carried out at OUH.
- Pre-graduate students must at the time of applying have a supervisor at OUH and be enrolled as a pre-graduate student at SDU.
- Researchers (postdocs, assistant professors, associate professors and professors) must be affiliated to OUH. In addition to researchers employed in a position divided between OUH and SDU, the affiliation may also be defined as researchers referring to a head of research at a clinical department at OUH. All applications must be approved by the head of department and head of research at OUH.
- Clinicians must be tenured.
- During the stay abroad the applicant must maintain an affiliation to OUH as either continued employment or taking a leave of absence.
- Buy out of the clinical part of the employment (only possible to apply for this budget heading if the department employs a substitute or covers overtime in accordance with collective agreements for already employed staff).
- Travel expenses.
- Subsistence expenses (hotel/apartment for up to 6 months and daily allowances for the first 28 days of the research stay according to the current circular for business travels).
- Mandatory health insurance costs which the OUH general travel insurance does not cover, e.g. in the USA. The amount applied for travel insurance is on top of the maximum rates below.
For each applicant, the following maximum rates apply for the total amount available from the OUH Internationalisation Fund:
- PhD and pre-graduate students:
- Maximum of DKK 120,000 for research stays up to 6 months at a foreign research institution.
- ·Researchers (postdocs, assistant professors, associate professors, and professors) employed in a divided position between OUH and SDU and employees in non-limited positions at OUH may apply for:
- 6 months: A maximum of DKK 500,000
- 3 months. A maximum of DKK 250,000
- 1 month: A maximum of DKK 80,000
- Funding does not necessarily cover all expenses.
- Travel and hotel booking must be made via The OUH Travel Service (firstname.lastname@example.org ) cf. the OUH Travel Policy.
- Please note that as an employer, OUH is obligated to inform SKAT (tax authorities) if accommodation is paid by OUH as part of a grant.
Non eligible costs
- Expenses already defrayed, i.e. the application must concern future expenses.
- Expenses related to accompanying family.
- Participation in international seminars, conferences, courses, etc.
The OUH Research Support offers instructions on how to draw up a budget. If you request assistance, please contact email@example.com
Applications are being assessed according to the above-mentioned objectives and requirements.
How to submit an application
You must submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Application for the OUH Internationalisation Fund” and name of the applicant in the subject field and enclose the following appendices:
- Completed application form a) International research stay for clinicians and researchers including pre-graduates and PhD students. (Available for download from the OUH Intranet, only accessible for OUH employees. Choose "Ansøgningsskemaer til Internationaliseringspuljen" and download form a).
- Project description of a maximum of two pages including:
- The purpose of the research stay.
- How OUH is expected to benefit from the research stay, including number of and expected titles or themes of possible publications.
- How you are planning to share the acquired knowledge at OUH from your research stay abroad, e.g. by a short report, a presentation, training of colleagues, making a video, participating in OUH TALKS or other.
- Timetable for the research stay and for subsequent activities including publications.
- CV for the applicant(s) applying for research stay abroad or a stay for learning new clinical methods to improve diagnostics and/or treatments including, for example, prevention, assessment, diagnosis, care, follow-up, rehabilitation, and palliation (e.g. link to CV on the SDU website, otherwise two pages).
- Budget specified into:
- Travel expenses
- Subsistence expenses
- Any other budget headings
- Written approval from both the head of department and head of research at OUH of the research stay abroad including a statement of how the department or research unit will benefit from the research stay.
- Invitation from the foreign institution where the research stay is taking place, if any.
- For pre-graduate students: Documentation for being enrolled as a pre-graduate student at the University of Southern Denmark.
- For PhD students: Documentation of approved protocol from the University of Southern Denmark and that the main part of the project is being carried out at OUH.
Your application must be written in English or Danish.
You will receive a confirmation by email regarding receipt of your application.
Applications which fail to comply with the above formalities will not be considered.
The submitted applications will be reviewed by the assessment committee for The OUH Internationalisation Fund.
All applicants will receive notice of the outcome of the application approximately two weeks after confirmation of receipt of the application except in the month of July, weeks 7, 42, 52 and over Easter.
Questions and contact information
Please forward questions to email@example.com.