Application deadline is 19 December 2019
Odense University Hospital invites applicants whose proposal was accepted in Phase 1 to submit a Phase 2 application regarding co-financing of establishing a new elite research centre at the hospital. It is expected that one new elite research centre will be established in 2020.
Content of phase 2 application
Your phase 1 proposal must be expanded by a detailed description of work packages, international partners, planned PhD programmes, governance structure and expected number of publications and other deliverables and milestones. Furthermore, a detailed description of the budget, including exter-nal funding, is required.
Your Phase 2 application may not exceed 21 pages and must be written in English. (Front page and table of content are excluded from this count).
All objectives, requirements, etc. from the Phase 1 call prevail. The call is enclosed as Annex 1 for reference.
The phase 2 application should follow the outline below
- Detailed project description.
- A summary in Danish (max 500 words)
- Background, idea/overall ambition, objectives, etc. (max 500 words)
- Description of work packages
- Protocols to be performed within the first 2 years should be detailed (max 1000
- 1. Background
- 2. Hypotheses
- 3. Methods
- 4. Statistic deliberations, including power calculation, also regarding animal research
- 5. Endpoints
- 6. Anticipated publication(s)
- 7. Time frame
Note: A Gantt chart should be added in the appendix, including a list of deliverables and mile-stones for all work packages.
- Description of the governance structure, management structure and the management skills
- Description of national and international partners and their role in the Centre (core partners)
- A description of how patients and relatives will be involved as fellow researchers, e.g. in relation to Shared decision making, ethical issues, Patient-reported outcome and Patient-Reported Out-comes Measures (PRO and PROM), Prioritizing research projects, patient advisory board etc.
- Description of planned PhD programmes
- Expected impact
- Gantt chart
- Deliverables and milestones
- Detailed budget: Total budget for the first 5-year period, sub-budgets for each year and infor-mation about external funding.
- Letters of collaboration
How to submit the Phase 2 application
The deadline for phase 2 applications is 19 December, 2019, at 12.00 p.m.
Please send proposal in pdf-format to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Elite Research Centre application”.
Phase 2 applications will be submitted for external international review.
- Please forward contact information of two reviewers (and possible secretary or PA) who have agreed to review your application to email@example.com no later than 11 October 2019. Please inform them that we expect them to participate in the assessment meeting in Odense on January 28 2020 with the OUH research Council and that they will also be expected to read the two other applications submitted for Phase 2.
- Each reviewer will receive a fee of EUR 1000 and will be reimbursed expenses regarding transport and accommodation.
Applicants will be given the opportunity to present the application to the Research Council and interna-tional reviewers at a meeting on 28 January, 2020.
No later than mid-February 2020, the OUH Research Council will forward its recommendation to the board of directors of which one of the proposed centres should be the new Elitecentre at OUH. Appli-cants will be notified as soon as possible about the outcome.
The board of directors is expected to authorize the grant no later than 1 March, 2020.